Lake Barcroft Yoga Retreat with Carson & Stair Calhoun
July 7 – 13, 2019
Join us this Summer: A 6-night, 5-day yoga retreat on Lake Barcroft, in Northern Virginia.
Hosted by: Carson & Stair Calhoun
Begins: 6pm on July 7th for ALL (welcome dinner + boat ride)
Ends: 8:00pm on July 12th for locals | 12:00pm Noon on July 13th for overnight
Sample Daily Schedule:
- Daily Mysore, Rocket, and Ashtanga yoga classes.
- Daily workshops on Inversions, Sanskrit/Chanting, and SUP (stand-up paddle board) yoga on the water
- Lake and beach activities daily, including beach volleyball, fishing, boat cruises, rafting, and more.
- Two meals provided daily: Brunch + Dinner, with vegan/vegetarian options. Snacks available throughout each day.
- Hot tub and ping-pong on-site
- Off-Site lodging that we reserved includes a big outdoor pool!
- indoor and outdoor showers + towels provided
8:30-10am: Mysore group #1
10am-11:30am: Mysore group #2
12:30pm – 1:00pm: Lecture + Q & A/chanting
1:00pm – 3:00pm: SUP (stand up paddleboard) and lake/beach activities
3:00pm – 5:00pm: Rocket yoga class/workshop
5:00pm – 6:00pm: Games and relax time
6:00pm – 7:00pm: Dinner, followed by evening group activity
We have hired an amazing Chef, Brittany, and her associate – they will be staying on-site and providing amazing brunches and dinners daily with vegan and vegetarian options!
- Scroll down for all the details!
- Check-in = 3pm or later on Sunday 7/7
- Check-out = 12pm noon or earlier on Saturday 7/13
- 0.7 miles = 10-15min walk from retreat site
Local Retreat guests:
- Plan to start your day with Mysore at 8:30am and depart at 8:30pm daily
- Street parking available
- Join us for a meet-and-greet dinner on July 7th at 6pm
“I participated in Stair and Carson’s retreat in July of 2018 and it was an incredible experience. The best thing about the retreat is that the Calhouns make you feel right at home with their warm house and amazing hospitality. Carson and Stair are so passionate about their practice and its contagious. I highly recommend this retreat to anyone who wants to take their yoga practice to another level, but with the company of wonderful people.”
Tala K | 2018 Retreat guest
Get to know Carson
A self-described “Handstand-Up Comedian,” Carson combines his love for being upside-down with his natural ability to make people laugh. During his classes, workshops, and retreats, students are encouraged to push their limits and explore their edge, while maintaining a playful attitude. In every instance, one can be sure to break a sweat, learn something new, and leave with a smile on his or her face.
After years of encouragement from his mother, Carson began practicing yoga in 2010. He did his first 200 hour teacher training in 2011 at Little River Yoga and has since studied Ashtanga Yoga with David B. Keil and Rocket Yoga with David C. Kyle. As a movement enthusiast, Carson incorporates a variety of disciplines into his yoga classes, which focus on building a strong mind and body.
Carson is an E-RYT 200, YACEP | International travel yoga instructor | Gold Medalist in the 8-and-under freestyle (swim)
Get to know Stair
Stair adopted Ashtanga Yoga as her main practice, and opened Little River Yoga in 2001. Stair has practiced with many teachers and gurus in the Ashtanga tradition, and she is a student of the breath and the vinyasa count. She offers an exacting and excellent led Primary and has a good touch for therapeutics and beginners. At this retreat, Stair will teach Ashtanga, pranayama and meditation techniques as well as intro to Sanskrit and chanting.
Stair is an E-RYT 500